Friday, December 18, 2015

Dive Day! (Friday)

Finally, we had calm seas--calm enough, anyway. We packed gear and ourselves into the truck (Kevin riding Mexican-style in the back!) and headed over to the harbour at Punta de Mita. It turned out the boat captain thought he was picking us up at the hotel, but he returned quickly and we loaded everything in. And by "we", I mean mostly Kevin and Kat. Neil and I hoisted a couple of small bags and ourselves.

My new underwater camera worked well. We all remembered how to dive (Kat hadn't been out in months.) and the dive site was beautiful and very fishy. Kevin took us through a swim-through and as we came out, I saw a ray (probably an eagle ray) but no one else did and I didn't get its picture.

Here are a few of the better pictures.








After our dive, we did some whale watching, but only had one brief sighting of a pair of them.  
Kat always looks great while on whale safari!

The point, Punta de Mita.



No comments:

Post a Comment